Thursday, July 28, 2022

Flood of Emotions

    I recently had a dream about a flood in my family of origin; in the dream I am caught up in a flood, that rages through it, and I am desperately groping for something solid to hold onto as the waters sweep me away, but the structure keeps breaking apart - there is nothing solid for me to hold onto there.
    I had thought that this part of my dream was prophetic, but it appears to be about what has already happened...
    In the past year I had stood up (from a distance) for the first time in my family of origin. And I did not handle it well due to my overwhelming pain and concern for my father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Beginning

The past couple years of standing up for my father and myself, against my sister's abusive behaviors (which freely continued) have been ...