In the late 1980s I was doing a lot of deep inner child/healing work. This is where the content of my "Embracing Feelings and Healing" book first took root. During that time I attended many different types of workshops, and had many profound healing experiences. One was at a large yoga center, which gathered a small group of people who were focused on healing from painful experiences or losses.
In the end of the weekend we all stood in a circle, holding hands, while the song "I want to Know What Love is" by Michael Jones, was loudly played over and over again. Eventually we began singing it to each other...and then tears soon started streaming down most of our faces. Words can't express how deeply heart touching and healing this experience was for me. It was one of my most profound healing experiences and I'd like to share it with you...
I am challenging you to do this, even of its just in the form of knowing that ALL of our fellow human beings should be our loved ones - the people we share our hearts with. None of us are whole enough to do it perfectly, but we can and must strive to open our own hearts to increasingly deeper levels, in order to help our world to become more safe and more peaceful and more loving. And please help hold onto the vision of conflicts dissipating and hearts uniting all around the globe... Imagine estranged people holding hands; democrats and republicans, Ice and harmless immigrants (in America), Palestinians and Jewish immigrants (in Palestine)..., rich people and poor people... Christians and those who embrace natural spirituality or other religions..., Current Canadian and American leaders and those of all other feuding countries...etc.; human beings of all different colors and sizes and beliefs holding hands and healing the past while singing, "I want to know what LOVE is. I want you to show me. I want to feel what LOVE is... I know you can show me."
Below is the part of this song that had touched my heart so profoundly, but it was not just the words, it was also the fellow human beings - the group of strangers who, in those two days, had been the loving family that I had desperately needed and longed for at that time. I still treasure those moments when we all deeply opened and shared our hearts with this song. I don't remember any of the names or faces, but I remember the Love. It touched me so deeply that those few moments, of giving and receiving deep levels of real Love, are still helping to carry me through the toughest times in my life. All of the lyrics in this song had perfectly fit my situation, but this verse was the most profound one, shortly after I began facing and healing from my childhood in the late 1980s, and was shunned by my family for doing so...
"This mountain I must climb is like the world upon my shoulders. Through the clouds I see Love shine. It keeps me warm as life grows colder. In my life there's been heart ache and pain. I don't know if I can face it again. Can't stop now, I've traveled so far, to change this lonely life. I want to know what LOVE is. I want you to show me. I want to feel what LOVE is. I know you can show me..."
No comments:
Post a Comment