Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Braking the Silence

Braking the Silence
copyright Sharon R. Poet

It crashed in like boulders
Flung out from the cliff
Where old fires smoldered
And hearts had fallen stiff.
They trashed the real truth
And turned it into "lies,"
Confirming devastation
Among my heart's cries.
They again turned my pain
Into the hate they project.
While demanding silence
And undeserved respect.
I didn't expect them to care
I didn't expect them to see.
Its never even been there
For the likes of little me.
Its my fault. I opened doors -
Put my head on their block.
While cruel waves swelled
To hit my rotting dock.
But I had to stand for him
And all of them and me -
I had to brake the silence
To set the others free.
Did I really think that
I would only succeed.
I wish I'd had a place -
A bit of solid ground,
Where peace and love
Was all I had around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care for Palestine Blog

Please read and share my Care for Palestine Blog; PDF Back up of Care for Palestine blog; www.poeticpublications.com/palestine.pdf Care for ...