Friday, August 16, 2024

A Deeply Meaningful Song

This is a positive affirmation song, which Jewel wrote for herself. But it has special meaning for me, right now, because  (among other things) in the past couple years I was hit with severe levels of emotional and mental abuse, in my family. I was lucky to have had a psychologist prove to me that I was not "insane"/broken, before this last round of abuse began. But I still benefit from the positive affirmations I've written into many of my own songs and poems, as well as from things like my perception of Jewel's "Hands" song. I've been telling myself, "I am OK. I just need freedom from ALL of the abuse and to heal from it. I am OK."

I wonder how many kind and sensitive and compassionate types of people lose trust in their own sanity and/or feel bad about themselves, due to being in emotionally and mentally abusive situations. I'm sure there are many and I know how horrible it feels, because I've been there myself. This song is for them/us. But it is also for the people who have let hate and jealousy and unhealed pain/anger lash out to hurt us, because they need to know that their darkness is not winning, and that they can choose to find/heal their own hearts and be kind, instead of hurtful.

Jewel - Hands
  https://youtu.be/CZHfKnK7TgQ?si=7R_0yIJxat5lHKxH


God's hands work through our Hearts.
We must do our part.

P.S. This is an alternate version of Jewel's Hands song; https://youtu.be/mAvExmRtQ_4?si=GZmm2Jrrj2UUc25B

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bit of Validation for Torture Victims

updated on 8-24-2024 Microwave targeting is now also being called "Havana Syndrome" and "Anomalous Health Incidents" (AH...