Saturday, November 13, 2021

Ode to my Native Grandma

Ode to my Native Grandma
copyrighted with all right reserved Sharon Rose Poet

There are some things I didn't understand;
As rosery beads hung from your trembling hand,
And coldness lurked where your Heart used to be,
I wondered if you cared or thought about me.

Now I wonder if anyone cared about you.
I'm sure you needed love and comfort too.
Were you hit for coming from the tribe -
Our Native blood now a shame you hide?

Did anyone love you the way you were?
Did anyone hold you when you were hurt?
Did anyone open their Hearts to see?
Why did nobody set you free?



My "Return of Native Spirit" Blog
https://returnofnativespirit.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care for Palestine Blog

Please read and share my Care for Palestine Blog; PDF Back up of Care for Palestine blog; www.poeticpublications.com/palestine.pdf Care for ...