Thursday, September 14, 2023

Poem for my Father

In Another Life
Copyright Sharon R. Poet 9-14-2023

 Are you suffering in that place? 
Do tears secretly touch your face? 
Do you feel abandoned by me? 
Do you still fail to feel and see? 
Do you secretly now know it all 
After its too late to make the call? 
I know it was not your choice. 
You just trusted the wrong voice, 
While being far too hurt to see 
The truths that yearned to be free. 
My heart is so heavy now with grief 
Because I can't bring you any relief, 
Because you are not sound and safe 
And are not in a kind, loving place. 
I wish I could set everything right, 
But I too was blocked by their fight. 
Someday a real Light will shine, 
If not in this life of yours and mine. 
Perhaps another lifetime will be born 
In a world less dark and torn. 
There is something to look forward to 
Beyond this hell we now pass through; 
We can surely meet upon our release 
Into the place that's filled with peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care for Palestine Blog

Please read and share my Care for Palestine Blog; PDF Back up of Care for Palestine blog; www.poeticpublications.com/palestine.pdf Care for ...